Sunday, March 16, 2008

Relations- Ma and us

It is very interesting to share, who so ever used to meet three of us, could never believe that we are real sisters. Though both of my elder sisters are beautiful, yet don't resemble at all. For me, my complexion used make a strong statement against the fact. Why am I repeating this is because the same was repeated during my school admission. Though it hardly made any negative mark on my psyche, yet it was part of each induction, everywhere. Even in our primary school ,which was a convent school, it was an established fact. Nina used to take part in all dance programmes, Suno used to be really good with English competitions and i was doing allover fine. While I was leaving my primary school, I made a point to meet all my teachers who contributed to my learning. Mrs Chopra, my nursery teacher reminded me about my first ever conflict with her. Strange to know that a 4+ child can have a debate/ conflict with her teacher. But I did... The story goes, in one of myEnglish alphabet test, i completed my test fastest. There was no mistake. I was awarded with "Good". I was happy.But after a while, one of my classmate also completed and got same remark. Now, I was unhappy. I went straight to my teacher and asked her "why did you gave same remark to him?" " He also completed without any mistake."Teacher replied. " But it took a while for him to do so..."it was me. No doubt, it was my in born competitive spirit, which troubled my nursery teacher.
In my primary school, i had majority of boys as classmates, compared to girls. So to say in my fourth grade, there were only six girls. We all were given a pet name for our traits. So there was my close friend - Renu, who was titled as Radio- she was very talkative. Amrita was known as rolly dolly- she was cute little fat girl. I cannot remember all of them but clearly remember my pet name- Kiran Bedi- because of my tough and tomboyish attitude. Finally, this Kiran Bedi was to join her secondary school.
In my new school, my basic traits were recognized quite early. I was a good orator for Sanskrit, Hindi as well as for English. I was made monitor of my class with immediate effect. It was our Yoga teacher, who was appointed as our class teacher. She used to take our Social sciences as well. I have no idea why, but she was very fond of me. She was young unmarried lady in late twenties, had long hair and good physique. Thanks to her yoga practice. She used to wear suits ( tight kurtas and churidar), with matching glass bangles - no less than a dozen in each arm, to add beauty to her manicured hands. Her high heels with sound were also part of her trade mark dressing. She used to walk in a very feminine manner, which used to amuse me. In one of the free periods, while controlling my class, I was trying to entertain them as well. So i initiated Antakshari, it did not turn out to be good option. Than , I asked my classmates to imitate anyone, whom they like. Well It went on very well. Now it was my turn, I found my class teacher Ms. Khanna to be the best character. I was imitating her, was trying to walk like her. Whole class enjoyed it, and they ask to repeat it. I was also enjoying, and was repeating. No body realized, when Ms. Khanna entered inside the room. When I turned towards the door, I could see her...
" You come to Library and meet me."order passed by Ms. Khanna. I was shivering and shaking, because I knew what I did and was caught red handed also. After a while I was in the library, there were few more teachers. I could see on every body's face that Ms. khanna has already told the episode. " So you can copy me." I had no reaction. " OK . Please do it here, let others also judge how well you do it."she said. I was not able understand what to do. Rather I pleaded guilty and ask for an apology. " Oh , i really liked the way you copied me, and I want to see it again."So that was my first encounter at my secondary school. Evrybody in the room really enjoyed it, and Ms. Khanna never discouraged me for any thing.
Ms. Khanna remained always a source of inspiration for her healthy attitude and yoga habits. She made a point to teach me yoga, to channelise my energy in right direction. She also taught me various methods to maintain good exercise regime.

No comments: